The PAU IT Department is excited to introduce the PAU Staff Wiki! Purpose of the Wiki is to provide a central repository of information that staff members can use to share knowledge about PAU. By utilizing a Wiki we can minimize the time it takes to find answers to common questions. For instance, What types of software applications are available for PAU employees? Who are the social media contacts? What types of committees and task forces are currently in use?
The Wiki is currently available to all PAU staff members but will require you to login before you can view/edit content. We've provided some additional information about the Wiki along with the information that was proposed to the Staff Council before it was approved.
What's a Wiki?
- A wiki (i/ˈwɪki/ WIK-ee) is a web application which allows people to add, modify, or delete content in collaboration with others.
- While a wiki is a type of content management system, it differs from a blog or most other such systems in that the content is created without any defined owner or leader, and wikis have little implicit structure, allowing structure to emerge according to the needs of the users. Reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Why develop a Staff Wiki?
- Transparency - There are many ongoing projects occurring at PAU that many of us are unaware of. By having a centralized location of information we are able to quickly find the information we need through the sharing of knowledge from our peers.
- New hire FAQ’s - Joining a new organization can be difficult for new hires. Utilizing a Wiki can help ensure that new hires are able to get inside information they need to better perform their job duties without the loss of knowledge.
- Who to contact for help - Finding the right person to contact for help can be a daunting task. For instance who would you contact for social media changes?
- Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, etc...
- What type of applications does PAU provide for employees?
- Google Apps, Docusign, Pearson, Qualtrics, Zendesk, etc...
- Task forces and committees - Which committees and task forces have been created within the organization?
- Purpose, Members, Minutes, etc…
Responsibility and Accountability of posts
- Revision control - Allows the system to keep track of any changes made to posts. Whenever an update is made to the system prior versions are archived as reference points. These reference points can be used to track changes within the system.
- Each post made within the wiki is tied to a user account.
In order to view content you will need to sign in with your PAU username and password. Once signed in you can start contributing to the Wikiat https://wiki.paloaltou.edu/
We have provided information about using a wiki at https://wiki.paloaltou.edu/
If you have problems logging in please contact firstname.lastname@example.org