The PAU IT Department would like to introduce "Zoom" as our new Video Conferencing Platform.
What is Zoom?
Zoom uses HD video conferencing and screen-sharing to provide rich, interactive communication for up to 50 people at a time. It offers mobile-screen sharing, document annotation, session recording, and works across desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. There's also a free teleconference number so people can call into the meeting, if they do not have a webcam.
Why use Zoom?
- Hold quick group meetings across campuses
- Hold virtual office hours
- Use the recording feature to save a session for future reference, and share it with people who couldn't attend in real-time.
- Bring in a guest speaker from a remote location
- Share a document or presentation, and annotate it while you discuss it together
- Simple user interface
- Give keyboard and mouse control to another participant - great for troubleshooting!
- Use two monitors to see participants on one screen, and the presentation on the other
- The only person who needs an account is the person who originates the meeting
- HD video- and audio-conferencing for up to 25 people at a time
- Active and spotlight speaker (Useful for meetings with multiple participants)
- Private and group chat during the meeting
- Accessible from mac, windows, iOS, and android devices.
- Screen Sharing - between desktop and mobile
- Video recording - MP4 recording and playback - (Save recorded sessions for later review)
- Schedule meetings in advance and schedule recurring meetings -a link that is stable for one year - (e.g. office hours, advising, quick meetings with people on another campus)
- Zoom web conferencing is provided at no cost to all PAU account holders.
If you need any additional assistance please contact email@example.com