Palo Alto University Email Signature Policy and Google Photo
Beginning August 15, 2014 PAU will adopt a staff email signature to ensure that all email communication going out from Palo Alto University is consistent. Email signatures will contain your
- First Name
- Last Name
- Department Name
- Name of Institution
- Campus Name
- Campus Address
- Full Telephone and Facsimile Number
- Website Address
- This email signature has been approved for all staff to use and should not include any additions. Additions not approved include images, webpage links, social media links, email address, verse, office hours, etc.
- PAU has multiple locations. Please list the location of your office as
- Allen Calvin Campus and its address
- Los Altos Campus and its address
- Gronowski Center and its address (clinic staff)
- Palo Alto University at Foothill College and its address
- Palo Alto University at De Anza College and its address
- Palo Alto University at The College of San Mateo and its address
- All work-related email messages should include no backgrounds or email templates. Your email body text should be the default setting or a similarly legible font. With the advent of mobile devices, small screens and emails being one of the university's main ways of communication, it is imperative that all email communication is visually professional, monochromatic and clear.
- The email signature may look smaller or larger on different screen resolutions. The size that has been selected for the email signature is to be the most compatible with a wide variety of screen resolutions.
- The use of a Google Photo is strongly recommended for all staff for recognition purposes. A professional quality photograph should be used. Several photographers have been onsite at PAU and have taken photos. If you need a new photo taken please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to change your Google Photo
Choose a professional photo to be used as your Gmail picture. The photo will show up whenever another user rolls over your name in their inbox, Contacts, and Chat list.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- From the My picture section, click Select a picture. The Upload a picture window will appear.
- Upload a new photo from your computer, or select a photo from Picasa Web Albums or your previous Google profile photos.
- A box will appear over your photo, selecting part of it. Drag this selected region to crop your photo, or resize the region by clicking and dragging one of the region corners.
- Click Apply Changes.
- You can select whether you'd like all Gmail users to see your picture, or only those who you've allowed to chat with you, using the radio buttons next to your uploaded photo on your Settings page.
- Visible to everyone means anyone who you email, or who emails you, can see your picture.
- Visible only to people I can chat with includes users who have been given permission to see when you're online and to chat with you.
The template below can be used for creating your signature.
How to change your Gmail Signature Create signatures
- Open Gmail.
- Click the gear icon in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Signature” section. Copy and paste the template below that will be used for the new signature.
-----Begin below this line ----- (First Name Last Name)
Palo Alto University
Los Altos Campus
5150 El Camino Real
Los Altos, CA 94022
Telephone: (650) 000-0000
Facsimile: (650) 000-0000
Confidentiality Notice: This message contains information, which is confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy, forward or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail to (Email address), and delete the message. Thank you.
-----End above this line -----
- 5.Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.