How to Apply a New an SPSS Authorization Code
If you have an SPSS license authorization code for SPSS, these instructions will explain how to apply it to an existing installation.
Be sure you have the authorization code that corresponds to the version of SPSS installed on your computer.
Apply the new authorization code for SPSS
These directions assume that you are logged in to your computer with Administrative level access( If a computer has been issued to you. You should be configured as an administrator) and that you have an internet connection.
Mac users: The License Authorization wizard only works if you are logged in to the computer with Administrator access. The wizard will not prompt Mac users for more privileged access.
- Start the SPSS License Authorization Wizard.
Mac: see Applications > IBM > SPSS > Statistics > 20 (or 21 or 22)
Windows 7: see the Start Menu > All Programs > IBM SPSS Statistics
Windows 8: see the Apps View
- License status may display. Select "Next" as needed to move to a "Product Authorization" dialog box.
- Select "License my product now".
- Enter the Authorization Code (from the email message you received from the PAU support team).
- An "Internet Authorization Status" dialog box should show "Authorization succeeded."
- Select "Next" to display a "Licensing Completed" dialog. New expiration dates will be listed.
- Select "Finish.”